Tank speaks out...

The following is the only update I will make today as it is something many of us old IK players feel about how the game changed when the "poison witch" Heather appeared on IK. It was a big mistake for the original player of Fearless to encourage Heather to play IK, and it was another major mistake for Grover234 to sell all those accounts to her. This is what Tank said on the IK forum today:

"23rd April 2010

I'm ill from work so bored and thought I'd log on.

I'm not playing IK any more so really this Blog should be removed but it hasn't been so I thought I'd update.

If people want to know why I quit it was because one of Unforgiven's accounts was used to target and destroy all of the small accounts that I was associated with. I've already explained on here why the accounts couldn't be elsewhere and how I felt about it but that is not the whole reason I don't want to play.

Whether the small accounts were owned by my son or not you have to question how the game has changed and how the kind of people playing the game have changed. Once upon a time there was a player called Winnie who played who was just 6 years old. One time she was attacked and key players in the game united to send her aid, destroy her attackers and Skandar even arranged for her to be given a new account with colonies.

A few years later, Skandar himself attacked some one isle accounts in Nora and the whole game retaliated against his actions.

The war against SteveX which I started personally and lost my account because of was started because SteveX took a tsunami isle off a small player and smashed his account.

Not all of you will remember Windmill helping noobs, Matteo looking out for people, the NHS, Nora or things done by players like Captain_Ardias but there used to be a feeling in the game that it was worth looking out for the little guy. And it was worth it. It was fun and kept the game interesting.

Personally, I supported the feeder alliances of Newmads and other feeders of the Nomadic Empire. I then supported DSquadZ when they were formed. After that I helped out Crow to get them established and finally, when Tribe split, I set up Nora to help new players into the game.

These days there's not enough people with this kind of belief. Three years ago if I'd have posted the same post about Fearless's relentless unprovoked attacks on a little kid then a few things would have happened. People would have spoken out in support of the victim - not said it was my fault for allowing the account to be in the Club. People would have sent aid to the account - resources, army, messages of support. Fearless would have been criticised and questioned by his admin and other people. . . probably would have been attacked too. Very possibly, the victim would have been offered a new account.

I remember speaking to the original Chief_Druid when I was still on one isle because someone had said they were getting him to attack me. I had one isle on around 600 points and he told me he'd never attack someone building their first isle because he could remember how long and how much work it took him.

That's the game I want to play and the kind of people I want to play with. We could get it back too. All we need is for the poison witch to f*ck off to islandor where she's become rank one by swapping IK favours for Islandor benefits. Then IK can become a nice place again like it once was. If that happens, please message me so I can return. Until then, good luck to the good guys who are still playing. Nero, Mark69, Tom, Skandar, Little, Raven, Ihsan, Atlantis_Arrow and the rest. Enjoy.

To simplify why I'm leaving. My son saw me playing lots and wanted to play. Someone smashed up his first account because he made a mistake over a tsunami isle (he sent two farming attacks to a one point isle after it had been tsunamied and taken by a member of DA). He was given a second account and had that attacked too because of the same mistake. They took all of his colonies and flattened his main. He was given a small account again and then Fearless took his two colonies and 51'd his main. In his whole game history he'd only attacked one isle - a one point farm. Despite that he had to leave DL.TC who thought he was 'a spy' then was kicked from IX because Mark69 attacked one of their members. DA then destroyed two of his accounts because he attacked a one point isle thinking it was a farm. Fearless than attacked because his third choice alliance was with me.

If I play IK then he sees me playing and wants to play. If he plays he encounters the type of people who are now prevalent in this game. If I don't play then he doesn't ask about it. Simple.

So, my final words to the poison witch. You won. You beat Tank so feel free to crow about it. I hope it was worth it because you destroyed something good with your hate when you did it."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...