Time to say farewell me hearties...


Every old pirate has his day and this old sea dog has decided to hang up his cutless and pistols.

In recent days despite Sven Scramm renewing the IK domain name the people that make this game what it is have all played musical chairs at the top hoping to get out that last bit of fun on the highseas of IK. There are around 320 players left in an ever dwindling pool of big and small fish.

Most recently [Ravens] came to an end where most members went to [IX]. Then [Slayer] disbanded after some of their leading lights called it a day. Now, today Little and mark69 left [The Club] in search for adventure with [OS] promising plenty of old style killing.

Here in beautiful France I got to thinking about full retirement from IK. I am old school having grown up in the game back in the long distant past of 2005. I have fought in most of the big wars of IK, I have had an impact on how the game went and have "killed" thousands of players in my many wars. I started as Raul in February 2005 and built a 300 strong alliance interplay called [Firefox]. I ended the game as Skandar. Both the Raul and Skandar names became sort of legends to many players who divided into the "love" and "hate" camps.

My best years on IK was 2005-2006. My best wars was [Firefox] v's [R|M] and [Virus] v's [Nexus]. My favoured players were Tantalus, Ooglak, The_Noose, Stevex, Freedom, Vampire.

From the start IK suffered poor rule enforcement and security resulting in a unique and messy type of game play as cheats exploited the game to their advantage. The biggest negative impact on IK was the account buying which saw noobs using cash rather than skill to enter the top ranks.

My thanks to Tank for giving me one last opportunity to fight on IK in the [The Club] war against [Slayer] which saw our alliance beat [Slayer] and their allies.

The two best alliances will always be for me [Firefox] and [Virus]. I also always had a great admiration for [Crow].

I started IK as a kid and now I leave IK as an adult. Many of us have grown up in IK but all good things come to an end. I thank everyone, both friend and enemy who made my time on IK so interesting. Have fun with what is left of IK and I hope someone will write the story of the closing months of the game as sadly this is my last blog entry.

The following YouTube video was my favourite one I created that recorded the elite team of [Virus] at the zenith of its reign in IK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...